Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

The day I woke up with superpowers

 Title: The day I woke up with superpowers. 


Plan: 

Purpose: To narrate 

Audience: Whaea Tamzin

RT: To include key vocabulary 

NL: To narrate 


One bright and sunny morning I woke up feeling fresh and ready to start a new day but something inside of me felt a little strange, something not very normal. I got out of bed still feeling a little strange and dizzy but while I was putting my clothes on something really weird happened. It was like I had powers. Once I was done getting dressed I ran downstairs to eat breakfast but when I got down there for some reason my mum was calling me down to have breakfast but I was already downstairs and at first I thought she was just joking around but when I went back upstairs and looked in the mirror I couldn't see myself, am I invisible? 


I didn’t think much of it so I rushed outside to my favourite tree that I love to climb up everyday. When I got to the top of the tree I soon discovered that I could make myself invisible and back again but the branch that I was sitting on suddenly snapped. I started yelling for help but when I looked down I was floating. Am I flying?


In the US 


“Hey Bradly, look at this video Jeremy just sent me” 

What nonsense do you realise that you guys have to do your job instead of sending each other silly videos now get to work Bradly said.


But Boss if you look carefully that little girl isn’t just falling from the tree she is actually floating.


Let me see that. Omg your right. Ok, a new task for you and the rest of the guys is to get to the bottom of this and soon we will have powers of our own.


Back in New Zealand 


When I was floating out of the tree I noticed that across the road there was a tall man recording me. At first I thought it was weird but maybe he was just interested in my powers. It’s hard to believe that I actually have powers now. It’s a wish come true.


A couple days later after I found out I had powers a group of people broke into our house. Because at the time I was sound asleep they managed to tie me up and take me away. I woke up terrified. Where am I? I noticed that the tall man that was recording me the other day when I was floating out of the tree was there. Is that why he was recording me? 


I almost forgot that I have powers but when I tried to turn invisible to get away from this weird laboratory I couldn’t. I also felt weak and strange. They had put me onto a hospital bed and when I looked around there were injections on little tables next to me. What is going on? Are they trying to take away my powers?



A few hours later 


I heard yelling from down the hall. It was a boy's voice shouting “leave me alone”. It went quiet again and then footsteps got louder. A bald man in a white coat entered the room. He had big wide eyes which darted around. When I asked him “what’s going on” he opened his glasses and steered at me but didn’t answer. He looked at the injections and got mad. He left and shouted in the hallway. “Eric what are you doing? Where are the girls' blood tests?“ He kept walking now’s my chance” 


Wait a minute my powers are back, the injection they used has worn off, this will make it easier to escape from these horrible people. Once I have turned invisible I sneak out trying not to make any noise but when I get to the door you have to enter a secret code to get in and out. Now my next challenge is to figure out what the secret code is using my invisibility power. They might even have the code written down somewhere. 


 5 minutes later 


Is that what I think it is? It’s a code written down on a piece of paper stuck to the wall by a pin but is it the code for the door? I quickly take the pin out and run back to the door to see if the code works. It makes a little noise and I’m out.

I run back around to a window and when you look inside you can see the room that I was in. 

After waiting a bit the man with the long white coat goes into the room I was in. Soon after I hear him yelling 


“Eric” Bradly yelled

“Yes boss”

“I see the little girl you were supposed to keep an eye on has escaped and you didn’t come till me. What were you thinking leaving? Bradly said 

“Well you see boss I popped out for a moment to ask Jeremy something and came back to see that she was gone” said Eric

“So why didn’t you tell me then" yelled Bradly 

“I went to your office to see if you were there but you weren’t and then I checked everywhere but couldn’t find you” said Eric

“Find her”demanded Bradly 


5 minutes became 10 minutes 10 minutes became 20 minutes 


“Boss I have been looking for ages and no luck”

“We'll keep looking”Bradly said 

“But I have searched the whole laboratory”said Eric

“Wait a minute where is the code to open the door somebody has taken the piece of paper that had the code on it”said Eric

“The little girl must have escaped the laboratory”said Bradly


A loud siren came from the laboratory and when I looked through the window it was like they were having a meeting. Once they were done the man in the long white coat sent them off on a mission.


I realise that I have to get home to tell my family everything that has happened so I can move away, otherwise I could risk getting captured again.

As soon as I get home I turn visible and realise that I have to talk to my parents first. Once we sit down I tell them about everything that has happened but they obviously don’t believe me so I have to show them my powers. Now that I have shown them my powers they tell me that it is absolutely fine for me to move away while this is happening.


As fast as I can I run upstairs to my room and quickly pack everything I need for my journey. Before I leave I say my goodbyes and head off and once I step out the door I turn invisible and start flying. I need somewhere to stay but I have no clue where. 


A few hours past 


After looking around I flew over a forest and soon spotted a tree house that could 4 or 5 people. This could be a perfect place for me to stay for the next couple of days. 


Once I land I spot a boy in the tree house. I noticed his voice from the laboratory. It was the boy that was screaming “leave me alone” there were also a couple of other people there too.


The boy stares at me and asks “do you have powers too?” 

“Well yes I do” I say. 

“I got them a couple days ago but then a group of people broke into our house and kidnapped me. When I woke up I found myself in a weird laboratory” I say.

“That’s the exact same thing that happened to us”the boy said


“We need to get to the bottom of this”


TO BE CONTINUED…...


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Holly,

    This is an awesome piece of writing! You have definitely created a story that hooks the reader in a makes them want to read more. You have done a great job with describing the setting of your narrative so we know where this story is taking place.
    I thought it was great that your character eventually got to meet other kids who also have powers.
    Ending your story with a cliff hanger was also a great ideas. I wonder what will happen next!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about